- "I thought this night was about us doing homework together, but all you guys managed to do was get completely off-task!"
- ―Anthony DeoBer lashing out at the others
The Homework Night Redirection is the fourth comic in Season 1 of Sibling Rivalries: The Next Chapter, and the 49th comic overall.
Packie and the gang get together at the McReary-Wilson residence to do algebra homework together, but they all get seriously off-track.
♥ = character's debut
♠ = character does not speak throughout comic
♣ = character is mentioned only
♦ = character appears in a speaking/non-speaking cameo only
- Patrick McReary
- Francis McReary
- Gerald McReary
- Derrick McReary
- Kate McReary
- Maureen McReary-Wilson ♣
- Hector Wilson ♣
High School GroupEdit
- Green Bay Southwest High School
- Mr. Eaton's Classroom
- McReary-Wilson Residence
- Living Room
- Packie and Francis's Room
- This is the first time that Aaron, Victor, and Anthony visit the McReary-Wilson house. Adrian has already been here several times in the original series.
- This is also the first time that Aaron, Victor, and Anthony meet the rest of the McReary siblings, as they already met Packie and Francis in the first comic.
- Despite being the fourth comic of TNC, the comic actually takes place after every other Season 1 comic (except for "Restraining The Beast"). Evidence for this is shown in "River Rock Rivalry" when Gerry days he doesn't know who Vic is, and the high school group doesn't meet the younger McReary siblings until this comic.
- Maureen and Hector are absent in the comic, and therefore did not get a chance to meet Packie and Adrian's friends. It was mentioned in the comic that they are at work throughout the comic, and Francis would be the one watching the others as he is the oldest.
- Spencer the dog has yet to make an appearance in TNC, although his bed and dog food bowl appear in Packie and Francis's room, showing that they still own the dog.
- An alternate title and plot was "The Study Night Redirection", involving the gang studying for a test at Packie's house instead of doing homework together.
- This is the third time Angel appears without Salvador after the latter's debut, the first two times being "A Christmas Story" and "Welcome Freshmen".
- This is so far the TNC comic with the least amount of characters featured.
- It is hinted that Kate is attracted to Aaron in this comic, although GTA Need confirmed that she and Mark Sanders are still together.
- Apparently Derrick is so smart that he even understands freshman algebra, as he is able to help out the gang with their homework on quadratic equations along with Anthony.
- At one point, Victor comes out of the restroom commenting that the heated toilet seat that the McRearys have is awesome. This is a callback to a scene in "Hello, Wisconsin!", the first comic of SR, where Francis also comes out of the bathroom saying that the heated toilet seat is awesome.
- In another reference to that comic, Packie stumbles upon baby pictures of Francis and smiles, with those pictures now hanging up in the room.
- This is the first comic to prominently feature Packie and Francis's room since "Best Brother" in Season 2 of the original series. The room is completely redesigned since it's appearance in SR.
- This comic was released exactly four years after "Diamonds in the Rough", a Season 1 comic of SR.
- At eight pages long, this is the shortest a comic has been since "Patrick McReary: School President" in 2014, which was only nine pages long. Comics of the series have become notably longer since 2015.