- "Listen, my hand is sprained, so I can't go out. Can you play for me?"
- ―Gerald McReary, asking Packie to finish the football game for him
The Big Trade-Off is the fourth comic in Season 1 of Sibling Rivalries, and is the 4th comic overall.
♥ = character's debut
♠ = character does not speak throughout comic
♣ = character is mentioned only
♦ = character appears in a speaking/non-speaking cameo only
- Patrick McReary
- Francis McReary
- Gerald McReary
- Derrick McReary
- Kate McReary
- Maureen McReary
- Joel Gonzales
- Angel Chacon ♥
- James Johnson ♥
- Marco ♥/♦
- In this comic, Angel Chacon is portrayed as an angry character, but in all the comics after, he is changed into a more happy character.
- In real life, Packie would not have been able to substitute for Gerry in the game, as the team should already have a backup for him. Packie also has not experience in football, so he definitely would not be a good replacement for him.
- The design of football helmets from this comic on was completely redesigned to look more realistic compared to their first appearance in "The McRearys Get Schooled!". Their new design was also used in the series' prequels.
- The Season 2 comic "The Football Faker" is similar to this comic; instead of Packie playing for an injured Gerry, Gerry pretends to be Packie after the latter told the girls at school that he is really talented at football, but then the girls say they want to see Packie in action.
- Originally, GTA Nerd planned to have Packie play on the football team along with Gerry for the rest of the series, but he ended up scrapping the idea, since it would be out of Packie's character; also, he felt that only Gerry should be the football player.