- "Jeez, it's so hard making new friends these days."
- ―Patrick McReary
The Ballad of Isaiah Trevino is the fifth comic in Season 1 of Sibling Rivalries: The Next Chapter, and the 50th comic overall.
Packie receives a new Biology partner named Isaiah Trevino, who turns out to be a bit of a jerk even though he tries to be friendly to him. Along with the help of Francis, he tries to stand up to him.
♥ = character's debut
♠ = character does not speak throughout comic
♣ = character is mentioned only
♦ = character appears in a speaking/non-speaking cameo only
- Patrick McReary
- Francis McReary
- Gerald McReary ♦
- Derrick McReary
- Kate McReary ♦
- Maureen McReary-Wilson
- Hector Wilson
High School GroupEdit
- Angel Chacon ♦
- Salvador Real ♦
- Eduardo Tena ♦
- Claude Tena ♦
- Isaiah Trevino ♥
- Elizabeth Nichols ♦
- Roy Howell
- Miguel Ibanda
- Katie Torres ♦
- Tony Gonzales
- Salvador Martinez
- Jose Gonzales ♣
- Steve Madison ♦
- Green Bay Southwest High School
- Mr. Howell's Classroom
- Biology Lab
- Trojan Cafe
- San Salvador's House (appears in flashback only)
- McReary-Wilson Family Café (appears in flashback only)
- This is the 50th comic counting both the comics of SR and TNC together, making this the halfway point between the first and the future 100th comic.
- This is the first comic in the series to implement a "Previously in..." scene that recaps events that occurred in a previous comic, in this case, "Love At First Plight", which the events of this comic take place a day after the conclusion of that comic. This means "The Homework Night Redirection" has to have taken place after this comic.
- This is also the second comic after "The Return of Armando Vasquez" to begin with a flashback of a previous comic.
- Packie's siblings and parents only appear in one scene in the comic, with Gerry, Derrick, and Kate only making a cameo appearance (Derrick is the only one of the siblings that speaks).
- This is the first comic in the franchise where Gerry does not speak in at all, which now makes Packie the only character to speak in every comic.
- Isaiah Trevino was previously mentioned in "Love At First Plight" when Mr. Howell was listing several of the students and who their lab partners are.
- The title of the comic is similar to "The Ballad of Anti-Cutecumber", which in turn got its title from Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony.
- Tony Gonzales and Salvador Martinez return in this comic, and make their first appearance in TNC.
- Tony mentions that he knows Isaiah and he has come to San Salvador's parties in the past, and he was actually at the one that the McReary siblings go to when they first meet San Salvador in "San Salvador's Story", a Season 1 comic of SR. There is then a flashback to the day the events of said comic take place (back in 2013), where before the McRearys came to the party, Isaiah appeared and was kicked out of the party for destroying the sound system. That explains why in that comic, the music is coming from a portable speaker connected to a phone, with Salvador saying that it's too bad the sound system doesn't work anymore, due to "that stupid guy" messing it up. This guy is now identified as Isaiah.
- In the flashback, Tony and San Salvador are wearing their clothes from the original series. Jose also makes an appearance, also wearing his original outfit.
- This is the second time that a character (in this case, Jose Gonzales) only has an appearance in a flashback to the past in a comic, the first time being in "Yearning to be Young", with Joel Gonzales.
- Starting with this comic, Adrian has a slightly different hairstyle, having more straight spiky hair as opposed to before when his spikes were slightly curved.