Rollin' Nines Records
|Appearance(s):||GTA Expanded Universe|
|Locations:||Bohan, Liberty City|
- "Rollin' Nines Records is an up-and-coming gangster rap label with more ambition than the new kid on the block. Managed by retired rapper BG Kenni it seeks to recruit the freshest talent on the East Coast. "
- ―Hustlaz rap magazine blurb
Based in a modern recording studio and office building in Bohan, Rollin' Nines Records was founded by famous East Coast rapper BG Kenni in 2009. BG Kenni founded the record label after noticing the absence of a serious gangster rap record label in Liberty City. The label offers potential opportunities to aspiring rappers in Liberty City and Alderney City as well as further afield. As a founding principle it only accepts East Coast rappers in an effort at supporting the continued development of East Coast rap.
BG Kenni serves as the record label's producer and manager using talent scouts to seek out rappers to sign. However, Rollin' Nines Records only considers dedicated rappers who show potential. It asks that any aspiring rapper hoping to be signed to the label prove his or her talent in a performance for BG Kenni and that they be dedicated to the rap game. In BG Kenni's own words "We ain't got time for half-assed pretenders and bustas".
As a new record label Rollin' Nines Records does not yet have many artists signed to it. However, it is constantly on the hunt for new talent making it a target of immense opportunity for aspiring rappers. It signed Charles Bradley, better known as Pathos, in 2009 as its very first artist.
Current artists signed to Rollin' Nines Records include;
Despite being a relatively new record label Rollin' Nines Records has released several albums. It has worked closely with its artists since its formation to publish their gangster rap albums.
- MC Cray
- Straight Up Hustla (2011)
- From Streetz To Beatz (2013)
- Rollin' Nines Records is known to recruit its artists from amateur rap communities. This is done to bring fresh new talent into the rap industry and to give aspiring rappers a chance.