Redeemed is a contemporary worship band that was originally part of Grace Church. It was formed in 1998 as the house worship band of Grace Church and a key part of its youth ministry. It consists of a rotating roster of worship leaders from the church, including Emilia Garcia, Thomas Clarke and Michael Wright.
In response to several songs written by the youth ministry, Grace Church senior worship leader Joseph Hawkins suggested that the band compile an album, which resulted in their debut extended compliation Our Father. Since then, the band has released a live album and four studio albums. It composes songs and periodically performs in weekly church services as well as taking part in national tours. The band is also known for its guest appearances on the Grace Church-affiliated Hope Lives evangelical channel.
In 2009 the band stepped down as house worship band, being succeeded by Grace Worship, to begin a professional music career as a praise and worship band. its albums are produced under the Grace Records label. The band is often considered an associated act of Grace Worship despite the two bands being independent of each other.
The members of the band as of 2013 are;
- Thomas Clarke - worship leader, guitar and percussion
- Emilia Garcia - worship leader, guitar and keys
- Michael Wright - worship leader, guitar and keys
- Samantha Morgan - guitar, percussion and music director
- David Evans - drums
- Michelle Evans - keyboard and music director
- Paul Cooper - bass guitar, programming, sampling
Studio albums Edit
- Redeemer (2010)
- Beautiful Glorious (2011)
- This Love (2012)
- Hosanna (2013)
- Blessed One (set for release in 2014)
Live albums Edit
- Alpha & Omega (2010)
- Redeemed is loosely based on and inspired by Hillsong United.