- "Redeemed carries a powerful anointing. It is one of the most promising contemporary worship bands to emerge in recent years. The band has an impressive musical talent and an unfailing devotion to God."
- ―True Life magazine review
Redeemed is a worship band that originated as a part of Cornerstone Church. It was formed in 1996 as a central part of Cornerstone's youth ministry.The band's vocalists are Thomas Clarke, Michael Wright and Emilia Garcia in a rotating worship leader roster.
The band co-leads weekly worship at the church on an alternating roster with Cornerstone Worship, as well as performing concerts and regional tours. In the past they have toured with associated contemporary worship band Heavenbound.
The band was originally formed in early 1996, by a small group of close friends from Cornerstone Youth. Founded under the name "Ignite Worship" it served as the house band for Cornerstone Youth meetings led youth pastors Joel and Bethany Coleman. As the church's youth band, they produced original songs for local youth between the ages of sixteen and twenty five. The band members also attended Cornerstone Church services.
In 2002 the band reinvented itself as "Redeemed" and transitioned into a professional contemporary Christian worship band. It's role as house band for the Cornerstone Youth meetings was taken up by the newly-formed Ablaze as the band moved to its new professional role. It was signed to Cornerstone Church-owned Grace Records label and began to produce albums under its new name.
It was suggested that the band produce an album in 2002 due to the large number of songs written for the Cornerstone Youth meetings. As a result, the band's debut studio album "Beautiful Glorious" was recorded and released by the new band in mid-2002. It achieved Gold sales status in the northwestern United States and won a Nazareth Gold Award at the Los Santos Christian Music Awards. Early in that year Joel and Bethany Coleman stepped down as worship leaders of the band in favor of a new roster of worship leaders. Thomas Clarke, Emilia Garcia and Michael Wright are the new leaders of the band.
The band members are still involved with Cornerstone Church services with the band leading worship at the church on a rostered basis. Redeemed has explained that it uses a rotating leadership roster to give each of the main vocalists an opportunity to lead worship preventing any one of them from dominating the artistic life of the band. This rotating roster has given the band's performances a unique quality and variety in vocals. In addition, the band's musicians each contribute songs to the albums in a creative collaboration that allows each member to have a say in the band and to feel fully involved.
Redeemed has toured extensively throughout San Andreas, leading worship at various locations and has had a national influence. The band takes part in the annual Ablaze Conference in Los Santos each year during which they often release live albums. The current band logo was designed in 2002 by the band as a whole to complete its new identity as a professional-level band.
In 2012, they won three Nazareth Awards, including Song of the Year for "Every Knee Will Bow". The band was nominated for Worship Band of the Year at the 2013 Los Santos Christian Music Awards in a continuation of its commercial success. However, the band does not accept personal fame for its great success in the music industry instead giving all recognition to God. It also donates a large portion of its earnings to charity as a means of blessing those who need it most.
The members of the band as of 2013 were;
- Thomas Clarke - worship leader, guitar, keys, percussion.
- Emilia Garcia - worship leader, bass guitar, keys
- Michael Wright - worship leader, guitar
- Samantha Morgan - percussion, keys, music director
- David Evans - guitar, keys, music director
- Michelle Evans - keyboards, programming, sampling,
- Paul Cooper - drums
Former members of the band are;
- Joel Coleman - worship leader, percussion, keys
- Bethany Coleman - worship leader, guitar, percussion
- Jebediah Coleman - worship leader, guitar and keys
- Louisa Campbell - bass guitar
Studio albums Edit
- Beautiful Glorious (2002)
- Spirit Rise (2004)
- Alpha & Omega (2006)
- Hosanna (2008)
- Redeemer (2010)
- Awakening (2012)
Live albums Edit
- Redeemed is inspired by Hillsong United. This inspiration is shown by the fact that both bands were formed from church youth ministries and that both have an enormous influence. Redeemed is a scaled-down American parody of Hillsong United.