Hostile Territory is a biographical war drama series featured on Zephyr. It follows a fictional US Special Forces strike team detailing the daily challenges it faces and the reality of frontline combat in a hostile country. The series begins when the strike team performs a combat drop into a remote alpine region of Afghanistan in pursuit of a particularly dangerous faction of insurgents. When their helicopter is hit by an RPG rocket fired by an insurgent the strike team is forced to bail out well away from their target location. The eight man team immediately finds itself under heavy fire from a highly aggressive band of insurgents who significantly outnumber them.
In addition to telling the story of the strike team as a whole the series also tells the stories of individual members of the team. The series goes beyond the physical trials faced by the strike team to show the mental and emotional effects that conflict against a larger enemy force in a hostile environment has on the soldiers. Hostile Territory's honest portray of the realities of frontline war in an enemy country has earned the show several awards. It features graphic violence, sexual themes, coarse language and graphic acts of wartime horror which has seen it receive a TV-MA rating.
Hostile Territory was originally intended as a two hour drama telling the story of a US Special Forces tactical strike team deployed to Afghanistan. It was developed into a series following the unexpected success of the original special feature. The absence of four men from the strike team, Special Forces strike teams usually have twelve members, is explained by the deaths of four team members in a previous engagement and the unavailability of reinforcement troops.
The series begins at a US military base in an unspecified region of Afghanistan. Each member of the strike team is introduced as they arrive at the command tent to receive their briefing ahead of a long awaited combat mission. This opening sequence is revealed to be a flashback and the strike team is shown to already be aboard a helicopter headed into a remote mountainous area. The members of the team are engaged in a raucous conversation when, out of nowhere, an RPG rocket strikes the helicopter's tail sending it into an uncontrollable spin.
Alarms sound as the helicopter spirals down towards the ground and the strike team is forced to bail out. Upon reaching the ground the team finds itself under heavy fire from all directions and they are forced to dash for cover. After this initial opening episode the series follows the strike team as it tries to carry out its original mission while suffering a complete lack of communication with command.
- Sebastian Moore - "Captain James Moore"
- Emily Rosa - "First Lieutenant Catherine Harris"
- Philip Reid - "Master Sergeant Alexander Beckett"
- Mark Spencer - "Sergeant First Class Joseph Hall"
- George Whitman - "Sergeant First Class Miles Cooper"
- Anna Clarke - "Sergeant Emily Barnes"
- Jeremy Myles - "Sergeant Abraham Hughes"
- Emmett Dawson - "Sergeant Thomas Jones"
Season 1 Edit
- Episode 1 - "Hard Landing"
- Episode 2 - "Under Fire"
- Episode 3 - "Radio Silence"
- Episode 4 - "Contact Lost"
- Episode 5 - "Duck and Cover"
- Episode 6 - "Night Terrors"
- Episode 7 - "Iron Hail"
- Episode 8 - "In The Hills"
- Episode 9 - "Unseen Eyes"
- Episode 10 - "Don't Tread On Me"
Season 2 Edit
- Episode 1 - "Old Debts"
- Episode 2 - "Carolina Mist"
- Episode 3 - "Angel of Death"
- Episode 4 - "Blood Sport"
- Episode 5 - "Revenant"
- Episode 6 - "Cloud Break"
- Episode 7 - "First Push"
- Episode 8 - "Taking Ground"
- Episode 9 - "Man Down"
- Episode 10 - "Ode to the Fallen"
Season 3 Edit
- Episode 1 - "We Will Overcome"
- Episode 2 - "A Soldier's Rest"
- Episode 3 - "Bullet Boy"
- Episode 4 - "Rocket Man"
- Episode 5 - "Black Rose"
- Episode 6 - "Red Sands"
- Episode 7 - "So Close But Yet So Far"
- Episode 8 - "Come What May"
- Episode 9 - "Flying High"
- Episode 10 - "Over The Top"
Season 4 Edit
- Episode 1 - "Firestorm"
- Episode 2 - "Heavy Fire"
- Episode 3 - "Leave No Man Behind"
- Episode 4 - "One Of Our Own"
- Episode 5 - "Tango Down"
- Episode 6 - "Double Time"
- Episode 7 - "Hostile Contact"
- Episode 8 - "Keep Your Head Down"
- Episode 9 - "One Shot, One Kill"
- Episode 10 - "Risky Gambit"
Season 5 Edit
- Episode 1 - "Strange Sunrise"
- Episode 2 - "Courage Under Fire"
- Episode 3 - "Killing Them Softly"
- Episode 4 - "Into The Fray"
- Episode 5 - "Hostile Forces"
- Episode 6 - "Flak Attack"
- Episode 7 - "Whites Of Their Eyes"
- Episode 8 - "Foreign Friends"
- Episode 9 - "Duck And Weave"
- Episode 10 - "Silent Night"