- "You are mean, Joel! You're a disloyal SCUMBAG!"
- ―Gerald McReary, after Joel betrays him
Gonzales Vs. McReary is the fifth comic in Season 1 of Sibling Rivalries, and is the 5th comic overall.
In an odd turn of events following "The Big Trade-Off", Joel Gonzales teams up with James Johnson (the person who injured Gerry in the aforementioned comic). After James promises Joel control over the Wisconsin Warriors if he betrays the McReary siblings, Joel goes to the McReary Residence and announces his betrayal. He then proceeds to kidnap the siblings and lock them in his basement.
♥ = character's debut
♠ = character does not speak throughout comic
♣ = character is mentioned only
♦ = character appears in a speaking/non-speaking cameo only
- Patrick McReary
- Francis McReary
- Gerald McReary
- Derrick McReary
- Kate McReary
- Maureen McReary ♦
- Angel Chacon
- Joel Gonzales
- James Johnson
- Jose Gonzales ♥
- This is the first comic to have Angel Chacon as a main cast member.
- This is one of the more darker comics of the franchise, although at the same time, being one of the more ridiculous comics.
- It is unknown why Maureen did not come to rescue her kids after Joel and James kidnapped all five of them.
- Gerry breaks the fourth wall by saying "What is the point of this comic?", while tied up with his siblings in Joel's basement.
- During the basement scene, Angel says "I think I just pooped my pants". This could be a reference to the GTA IV mission "Crime and Punishment" (where this comic takes inspirations from), where during a similar scene, Niko Bellic says "Oh fuck, I shit my pants".
- Gerry's line "You're mean, Joel! You're a disloyal scumbag!" is similar to Roman Bellic's line "You're an asshole, Niko Bellic! A disloyal user!" in the GTA IV mission Uncle Vlad.