- "Hmm, I'm not sure if I trust that Joel guy... maybe he's not as bad as he looks."
- ―Patrick McReary, after meeting Joel Gonzales
Frightful Football Reunions is the third comic in Season 1 of Sibling Rivalries, and is the third comic overall.
Gerry has recently made friends with an 8th Grader named Joel Gonzales (who happens to be Francis's old best friend from two years earlier). The two boys have been hanging out together for several days now, but Packie does not appear to like Joel very much.
♥ = character's debut
♠ = character does not speak throughout comic
♣ = character is mentioned only
♦ = character appears in a speaking/non-speaking cameo only
- Patrick McReary
- Francis McReary
- Gerald McReary
- Derrick McReary ♦
- Kate McReary ♦
- Maureen McReary ♦
- Joel Gonzales ♥
- Eminem ♣
- From this comic on, Gerry's trademark football has two stripes on the ball's tips, which weren't present in the first two comics.
- It is interesting to note that Joel remembers Packie and Francis from Sibling Rivalries: Vancouver Stories. In that very comic, Joel also called Packie "Little Packie" ("Yearning to be Young" reveals he had been calling Packie that since 2007).
- It is possible Joel remembers Gerry from that same comic.
- This is the very first comic of the series to mention Eminem, not counting Sibling Rivalries: The Introduction. Although his songs were sung in Vancouver Stories and Salvador Real's Adventures, his name is not actually mentioned.
- This comic reveals some of the McRearys' favorite singers.
- Packie and Francis: Eminem
- Gerry: Unknown, possibly One Direction like Joel
- Derrick: Aretha Franklin
- Kate: Justin Bieber
- Maureen: Drake
- The comic shows all of the siblings like Drake, and later in the series, Eminem too.
- When Derrick tells Packie to stop "that madman (Joel)" from turning off their music, his eyes are colored red (with an actual crayon). Comics in the franchise are not colored (except for logos), making this comic unique for having some color in it. The next comic in the series to use color would be "Satellite Screw-Up" in Season 5, when Pablo Torres's face was colored red with a crayon to show that he was angry.
- Derrick, Kate, and Ma make cameo appearances in this comic.
- This is one of the only two comics of the T.J. Productions Comic Universe to use the word "gay", the other being the Cletus Comics special "Jumbo Ship".
- Until "The Step-Cousins Wilson" in Season 4, this would be the last comic that neither Angel Chacon or Salvador Real appear in (since the characters were not created yet).